Terms and conditions
1. The competition will be organised and administered by Macrovioletics.co.uk (the “Organisers”).
2. Entry to the competition is open to all, however short stories must be written in English.
3. Entrants must write a piece of short fiction and/or a logo based on the prompt provided (health and food). Entrants may submit up to two entries in each category (short story and logo), having a discounted entry fee adding the code MACRO for a multiple submission (one of each or two of the same).
4. For the short stories, entries should amount to no more than 250 words. Entries must be submitted online through www.macrovioletics.co.uk. For any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Entries will not be returned so please remember to keep a copy. Unsuccessful entrants will be notified but we cannot provide individual feedback on entries due to the high number of participants.
6. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The Organisers accept no liability if entrants ignore these rules and entrants agree to fully indemnify the Organisers against any claims by any third party arising from any breach of these rules.
7. Entrants retain the copyright in their entries but grant Macrovioletics.co.uk a non-exclusive licence to use their entry for publication on the website as well as for any promotional purpose.
8. By entering the competition, entrants warrant that they have legal capacity to enter the competition and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
9. Entries will be judged by a team from Macrovioletics.co.uk, with a preference for fun, uplifting stories.
10. The winners will be contacted by a member of the Macrovioletics.co.uk team within a two-week period after the competition has closed. If the winner cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made to do so, the Organisers reserve the right to offer the prize to the next best entry.
11. The prize consists of publication of the literary and graphic artwork on the website with acknowledgement to its original author, plus two hours of online macrobiotic coaching, for each category, that can be spaced in two one-hour coaching sessions within a week or used as a one-off two-hour long session.
12. The Organisers’ decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The Organisers reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or cancel this competition at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion, and if circumstances arise outside its control. In this event, a notice will be posted on www.macrovioletics.co.uk.
14. The Organisers, their sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem with any server, internet access, system or otherwise which may result in any entry being lost or not properly registered or recorded. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.